My latest project is a birthday card that also doubles as a gift card holder. I created this unique design in honor of my daughter’s birthday.
- For the base, cut a piece of black cardstock 5.5 x 8.5 inches, score at 4.25 inches.
- For the base mat, cut a piece of black cardstock 4 x 5.25 inches and emboss with polka dots.
- For decorative panel, cut a piece of black and white polka dot designer paper 1.5 x 5.5 inches and cut inverted notch in each end.
- For floral panel, cut a piece of black daisy designer paper 2.75 x 4 inches.
- Attach black satin ribbon along left edge of floral panel.
- For the Happy Birthday banner cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 1 inches and stamp the greeting in black ink.
- Embellish with a black daisy pillow sticker and two white rhinestones.
- Using white cardstock, cut two medallions at 5.25 inches with a Cricut machine.
- Score the medallions in half and use a circle punch to create a cut out on one medallion.
- Glue the top side edges of the medallions together leaving room for the gift card to slide in.
- Glue the bottom halves of the medallions to the greeting card base.
- For the inside liner cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 5.25 inches.
- The inside message and flower are stamped in black ink.
This greeting card and gift card combo is a very versatile design that can be adapted for many other occasions such as weddings, graduation and Christmas.