My latest project is a birthday card that also doubles as a gift card holder. I created this unique design in honor of my daughter’s birthday.
- For the base, cut a piece of black cardstock 5.5 x 8.5 inches, score at 4.25 inches.
- For the base mat, cut a piece of black cardstock 4 x 5.25 inches and emboss with polka dots.
- For decorative panel, cut a piece of black and white polka dot designer paper 1.5 x 5.5 inches and cut inverted notch in each end.
- For floral panel, cut a piece of black daisy designer paper 2.75 x 4 inches.
- Attach black satin ribbon along left edge of floral panel.
- For the Happy Birthday banner cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 1 inches and stamp the greeting in black ink.
- Embellish with a black daisy pillow sticker and two white rhinestones.
- Using white cardstock, cut two medallions at 5.25 inches with a Cricut machine.
- Score the medallions in half and use a circle punch to create a cut out on one medallion.
- Glue the top side edges of the medallions together leaving room for the gift card to slide in.
- Glue the bottom halves of the medallions to the greeting card base.
- For the inside liner cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 5.25 inches.
- The inside message and flower are stamped in black ink.
This greeting card and gift card combo is a very versatile design that can be adapted for many other occasions such as weddings, graduation and Christmas.
With the arrival of spring, comes a very special day of celebration, Mother’s Day. One of my favorite gift ideas is a gift basket filled with pampering body products. Shopping around on Etsy, I have discovered some awesome handmade products that would be perfect to include, such as the Rose Love Soaps and the Lilac Dusting Powder , both from Omas Awesome Closet. Another great find from Flaherty Naturals is the Patchouli Scented Body Lotion, as well as the Cherry Lip Gloss. To compliment the whole pampering spa experience, you could also include the handmade Linen Wash Cloths from Healthy Happy Living. If you don’t have the time to create your own gift basket, you can also find one already done, such as the Organic Bath and Body Gift Basket from Green Earth Naturals.
Another favorite gift that I love to give, as well to receive, is jewelry. I love turquoise, and one of my favorites are the Round Turquoise Earrings from Dix Sterling. A truly awesome statement bracelet from Sparklen Stones is the Blue Agate Cuff Bracelet. There are so many different outstanding jewelry shops on Etsy, that the selection is just endless.
Is your mother a crafter? How about a custom crochet hook in watermelon pink from JR Crafter. To that you could also add some hand dyed sock yarn from The Sheepyshire. Perhaps some coffee would be just the thing. A delightful blend, comes from Green Tree Coffee, called Dark Harbor Blend. (I bought a bag of this as a Christmas gift for my husband, and we absolutely love it!). Pair it up with a fun mug, such as the custom Mom Coffee Mug from Brushes With A View.
I love to give gifts, especially those that are handmade. On Etsy, I am always finding really unique items from many different talented artists. Wishing all of the ladies a very Happy Mother’s Day!
Mom Coffee Mug – Brushes With A View
Rose Love Soaps – Omas Awesome Closet
Round Turquoise Earrings – Dix Sterling