Discover handcrafted Christmas cards, gift tags, gift card holders and more at Designs By CnC! With many different designs available, you’ll find the perfect card that reflects your unique style.
Visit us on Etsy at DesignsByCnC.Etsy.Com during our Black Friday Sale, November 21-29, and you’ll save 15% on your purchase.
My latest project is a birthday card that also doubles as a gift card holder. I created this unique design in honor of my daughter’s birthday.
- For the base, cut a piece of black cardstock 5.5 x 8.5 inches, score at 4.25 inches.
- For the base mat, cut a piece of black cardstock 4 x 5.25 inches and emboss with polka dots.
- For decorative panel, cut a piece of black and white polka dot designer paper 1.5 x 5.5 inches and cut inverted notch in each end.
- For floral panel, cut a piece of black daisy designer paper 2.75 x 4 inches.
- Attach black satin ribbon along left edge of floral panel.
- For the Happy Birthday banner cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 1 inches and stamp the greeting in black ink.
- Embellish with a black daisy pillow sticker and two white rhinestones.
- Using white cardstock, cut two medallions at 5.25 inches with a Cricut machine.
- Score the medallions in half and use a circle punch to create a cut out on one medallion.
- Glue the top side edges of the medallions together leaving room for the gift card to slide in.
- Glue the bottom halves of the medallions to the greeting card base.
- For the inside liner cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 5.25 inches.
- The inside message and flower are stamped in black ink.
This greeting card and gift card combo is a very versatile design that can be adapted for many other occasions such as weddings, graduation and Christmas.
Christmas Snowflake Gift Card Holder
Often times, ideas and inspiration for new product ideas come to me when I least expect it. This was the case last week when I headed over to Hobby Lobby for some supplies. I selected what I needed and spent some time looking around at all of the items out for the upcoming fall and Christmas season. When I stepped up to the cash register area, there were several people ahead of me. As I waited, I noticed a rack with gift cards and enclosure envelopes. I like giving gift cards, especially during the Christmas season. Usually I put them into one of my handmade greeting cards
. I got to thinking, and came up with an idea to combine a greeting card and a gift card holder together. After I returned home to my design studio, I began experimenting with different styles and finally settled on a design that opens like a greeting card, holds the gift card securely and has it pop up when the card is opened.
The belly band is both functional and decorative. To open the gift card holder, just slide the band off. I opted not to include an envelope, to make it look more festive when placed into a Christmas stocking or into a gift basket.
Several different styles of handmade Christmas gift card holders are available in my Etsy Shop. These would make great gifts for family, friends, teachers as well as co-workers.
Happy Holidays Christmas Trees Gift Card Holder
Merry Christmas Text Gift Card Holder