My latest project is a birthday card that also doubles as a gift card holder. I created this unique design in honor of my daughter’s birthday.
- For the base, cut a piece of black cardstock 5.5 x 8.5 inches, score at 4.25 inches.
- For the base mat, cut a piece of black cardstock 4 x 5.25 inches and emboss with polka dots.
- For decorative panel, cut a piece of black and white polka dot designer paper 1.5 x 5.5 inches and cut inverted notch in each end.
- For floral panel, cut a piece of black daisy designer paper 2.75 x 4 inches.
- Attach black satin ribbon along left edge of floral panel.
- For the Happy Birthday banner cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 1 inches and stamp the greeting in black ink.
- Embellish with a black daisy pillow sticker and two white rhinestones.
- Using white cardstock, cut two medallions at 5.25 inches with a Cricut machine.
- Score the medallions in half and use a circle punch to create a cut out on one medallion.
- Glue the top side edges of the medallions together leaving room for the gift card to slide in.
- Glue the bottom halves of the medallions to the greeting card base.
- For the inside liner cut a piece of white cardstock 4 x 5.25 inches.
- The inside message and flower are stamped in black ink.
This greeting card and gift card combo is a very versatile design that can be adapted for many other occasions such as weddings, graduation and Christmas.
Contributor post by Catherine from DesignsbyCnC Sewing dates all the way back to the prehistoric era. During the last ice age, almost 25000 years ago, man used a needle and thread to make clothing…
Source: I Enjoy Sewing
Need a creative way to unwind and spend time with your children away from the distraction of electronic devices? Then colorful adult coloring pages are just the thing.
During the summer I often hear my daughter complaining about boredom. I came across some great coloring pages to share with your children (or keep to yourself). So I printed out a few and we spent a lovely summer evening out on the patio coloring away enjoying some girl talk and creating a great memory.
I first discovered Etsy back in 2011 when I opened my shop DesignsByCnC. As I began to become more familiar with the site, I soon discovered a world of both handmade and vintage goods.
I enjoy supporting my fellow Etsians and often purchase both supplies for my shop, as well as gifts for myself and family. Today, I would like to share some of my favorite Etsy purchases!
My top favorite is this awesome Healing Skin Salve from Flaherty Naturals. I love the way it glides onto the skin without feeling greasy. It works wonderful for dry skin during the winter and the sting of sunburn in the summer!
Healing Skin Salve
A great gift for a coffee lover is this Sampler Set from The Coffee Nook. I tucked this into my husband’s Christmas stocking last year and it was a big hit!
Coffee Sampler Set
Every Christmas each member of the family receives a new ornament. This whimsical Snowman Ornament from Townsend Custom Gifts made the perfect gift for my daughter that enjoys riding her motorcycle.
Snowman Motorcycle Ornament
The perfect gift for the son-in-law that loves to hunt is this Natural Camo Soap from FreshAsaDaisySoaps.
When creating my handmade greeting cards, I use high quality cardstocks. I love the wide range of colors of the Parchment Cardstock from The Envelope Store!
The Parchment Collection Cardstock