This year National Teacher Appreciation Day is celebrated on Tuesday, May 3! Teachers are the unsung superheroes of our lives today. Every day they not only educate, but also support and inspire millions of children.
Today’s project is a gift card holder created especially for teacher. This is a new design that I just listed in my Etsy shop this week.
- For the base, cut a piece of cardstock to 3.5 x 8.5 inches. Score this at 2.5 inches one one end and 2 inches on the other end.
- Round the corners on the 2 inch end using a rounded corner punch.
- Cut three pieces of designer paper: 3.25 x 1.75 inches for the flap (round the corners), 3.25 x 2.25 inches for the pocket and 3.25 x 3.75 inches for the back.
- Run adhesive along the side edges only of the 2.25 inch side of the base and fold up to form the gift card pocket.
- Attach the cut pieces of designer paper to the outside of the gift card holder.
- Attach a small velcro fastener to the 2 inch side and fold down.
- The red apple is cut at 2.5 inches and the green apple is cut at 2.75 inches with a cricut machine.
- The sentiment is stamped onto a 1.5 inch circle.
This gift card holder design is very versatile and may be used for many different occasions such as graduation, birthdays and Christmas gift giving.